Katrina specialises in environmental policies and measures, and greenhouse gas and air quality pollutant emission inventories. She has gained first-hand experience of core inventory compilation through working on the UK, Iceland, and Ireland National GHG and AQ inventories. Katrina is a UNFCCC expert reviewer for the Energy sector and a Kyoto Protocol reviewer.
Katrina has experience in national and international projects in particular for the European Topic Centre on Air Pollution and Climate Change Mitigation (ETC-ACM):
- Systematic evaluation of policies and measures from multiple EU countries, regarding relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and coherence of the PAMs
- Improvements to the system for reporting by Member States on their implementation of the Emissions Trading System Directive and compilation of detailed reports to the EEA on the implementation of the EU ETS
- Development of indicators for EEA industrial pollution, reporting on LCPs, and compilation of industrial pollution factsheets
Katrina analyses and develops interactive visualisations for environmental datasets to enable the exploration and use of complex data in a transparent and innovative manner. Katrina has recently provided recommendations to the Australian government for the interactive visualisation of Australia’s national GHG inventory and energy data.
Prior to joining Aether, Katrina worked with the Committee on Climate Change formulating health indicators related to climate change impacts, and provided ad-hoc environmental research for Carbon Connect, a Parliamentary think-tank on low-carbon energy.
Outside of work Katrina spends her time as a bike mechanic at a local workshop, as well as kickboxing and hiking in the mountains.
View all our people
- Interpretation, manipulation and analysis of datasets
- Policies and measures for emissions reductions
- Clear and concise report writing for technical and general audiences
- Desk-based research
- Graphical displays of complex data