Richard is a senior consultant with considerable experience in national emission inventories, local air quality management and air quality assessments. He has gained first-hand experience of national emissions inventory compilation (UK, Barbados), as well as providing in-country support to the Irish and Icelandic environment agencies. Richard has planned and delivered a number of capacity building workshops for national representatives, including Turkey, Uzbekistan, Bosnia & Herzegovina and South Africa.
Richard is qualified as a reviewer of greenhouse gas inventories under the UNFCCC (waste sector and generalist) as well as for non-Annex I parties' Biennial Update Reports (BURs).
Richard has contributed to, and taken the technical lead on both international and local emissions inventory projects, as well as air quality assessments for proposed developments as part of the planning application process. Richard is also taking a lead role in developing innovative ways of presenting data relating to national emissions.
- Project managing Aether’s support to the Environmental Protection Agency of Iceland for the production and management of their GHG and AQ emission inventories.
- Contributing to the review and update of the EMEP/EEA air pollutant emission inventory guidebook, specifically regarding guidance on black carbon.
- In-country support for the Irish EPA in the compilation of their GHG and AQ pollutants emission inventory submissions under UNFCCC/EUMM and CLRTAP/NECD.
- Detailed air quality assessments for a number of industrial, residential and commercial developments using dispersion modelling software ADMS-Roads and screening assessments using DMRB.
Richard has recently started climbing and loves exploring the outdoors, especially anywhere with mountains. Richard is a keen sportsman and competes in a local squash league.
View all our people
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Advanced user of air quality modelling software – ADMS and AERMOD
- Knowledge of GIS and data visualisation software (ArcMap, Tableau, E!Sankey)