Tracking Action on Climate Change and Energy (TRACE)
For a number of years local authorities have needed to invest time and resources in understanding their area-wide emission trends and in using this information to engage with the large number of stakeholders necessary to effectively implement action. Aether now offers an interface which dramatically reduces the effort and resources needed by local authorities to understand the existing DECC datasets available. Our freely available TRACE Dashboard provides a simple user friendly graphical interface to the DECC LACO2 dataset. This new interface is designed to help local authority officers to:
- Understand the key sources and trends of area-wide greenhouse gas emissions without the need to download and manipulate large spreadsheets of data.
- Engage with stakeholders on priorities of climate change mitigation and energy action.
Options are also available to extend the service to include:
- Training on using the dataset and on emission reduction target setting and presentation.
- Future emissions scenario analysis and presentation (including integration of regional and national climate strategies).
- Working with local officers, charts can be annotated to identify reasons for changes in emissions/energy consumption trends (e.g. ‘cold winter’ or ‘start of policy x’).
- The TRACE Dashboard can also be embedded in local authority (or any external) websites to engage with the general public and demonstrate the benefit of mitigation work being undertaken.
For more information, please contact Ryan Glancy.